Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sun City Kickball Represents!

If you missed the Kicktoberfest charity kickball tourney then you missed an awesome time! Three of SCK's teams went out to participate, they were team I'd Hit It, the Shockers, and the Balls & Dolls.

This past Saturday was the first time the Sun City Kickball League played against teams outside of their own league. Not only did they play well but it some cases they dominated the competition. Throughout the tourney all the teams ran into some enormous hurdles and obstacles. Namely, very bias officiating. There were numerous slanted calls going against any team with a SCK logo on their shirts. However this was to be expected. Even though they were robbed numerous times, all three teams made it to the final rounds.

Team I'd Hit It was able to make it into the Championship game. They played against team Thunder Cats. With MVP pitcher Lucas Quimiro, they gave the Thunder Pus...I mean Kitties, a run for their money. One of the most memorable moments was when all of SCK's eliminated teams stayed to cheer and support team I'd Hit It. Even more memorable was the "crowd warning" that the overwhelmed umpires had to threaten the league with. Hilarious! We might need to offer those umpires a week at Oscar's School for Aspiring Umpires. I'd Hit It would eventually lose by 2 points but in the end it really didn't matter, because everyone had a fun filled day of kickball and hanging out under the old shade tree. They did however pick up the runner-up trophy. Can't wait for the next tourney. =)
Special Thanks to:
Oswaldo Vielma - For his very generous donation to feed all the hunrgy players!
Laura Ponce - For the coffee and the delicious donuts
The Breakfast Burrito Guy/Girl - Don't know who it was but they were goooooood.
Jesus Alvarado & Kathleen Decker - For the healthy fruity apples, bananas, and oranges.
Lucas Quimiro - For his post-tourney comedy show.
Anyone who brought beer or the other numerous people who brought and pitched for all goodies.
Sun City Kickball Board Members - For their time, patience, and effort.
and Aldo Monterrey for his canopy that no one used and his ice chest that smelled wierd.

20 comments:

la loca said...

Looking back on that Saturday after receiving that "Warning" I regret not going to the other side and "cheering" for the Thundercats so they could get the infraction. SCK players are much more mentally tough and could take my psychological torment.

Some of the jabs I would take are written in the following: "Who do you think you are with those sunglasses... Elton John?"; "I saw you eat the second donut... good luck with controlling your blood sugar"; and "You're pitching like you're sober!"

Evelyn #59 said...

It was a great day and it was great to see that we stayed to cheer or maybe we stayed for the beer. JK Whatever your reason it turned out great and we represented the Sun City! Great job to all the teams. It was great bonding with the other teams under that beautiful shaded tree! Let's get ready for Wed. GO BALLS & DOLLS!

Anthony said...

It was fun hanging out...You know what they say "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" LOL!!

Evelyn #59 B&D's said...

That's exactly what I was thinking! *in an evil laugh* HA HA HA HA!

Anthony said...

Yeah real "tough guy".. Mr. Anonymous..Don't be scared.

Da Blog Police said...

You know the rules everyone. No anonymous comments. Make up a name if you want to.

Evelyn #59 Balls & Dolls said...

Who's being anonymous here?

Evelyn #59 said...

Hey Shockers did you see the poll results on Who will be the Kings of Kickball? Looks like we bumped you down! Ha Ha. How do you like them apples baby! JK guys, but i know I'm going to hear it for you all! :) GO BALLS & DOLLS! Let's take it to the field baby!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eddie said...

That was a good tournament. Can't wait for Wednesday. Hope we can play the way we did in the tourney.

Angry Administrator said...

Someone keeps posting anonymously. I don't understand why it is so make up a name. Oh well.

Shocker #71 said...

Hey Evelyn, I hadnt seen the poll results..Ive been busy looking at the real results..our "Undefeated Record"..lol..you must still be steaming over that lost to "I'd Hit It"..How do you lose to I'd Hit It..Haha Go Shockers!!!

Anonymous said...

Damn Natzy!! Dont delete my comments.

Evelyn #59 Balls and Dolls said...

Undefeated? Maybe agaisnt our leauge but what happened Saturday? I heard the first game didn't count, but you did lose it, right? I'm not steaming over our lose by the way. The way we played we deserved to lose. See you in the championship. Bring it! :)

The Blog Police said...

I already told you the rule. NO Anonymous Postings. Go down to Name/URL and just type in a name. It's as easy as that. I'm going to turn off comment moderation so plaese behave yourselves.

Evelyn #59 said...

I'm curious as to why one of the comments was deleted. I wondered what that person said..????????????

Mr. Anonymous's Mom said...

It said,"Im Mr. Anonymous and Im not smart enough to make up a name."

Anonymous Anti-Natzy said...

Damn Natzy police deleted my comments, all I said was(and this includes all you losers) I PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!! I dont need more friends and dont want to hang out with any of you....Black Ball me if you must but theres no other reason to play in a competition if your not trying to be the best.

MR Anonymous said...

Dont hate on me people!

#1 Stunna said...

Damn!! Mr. Anonymous, you must be bored...